Signs of Beneficial knowledge : Sheikh Bakr Aboo Zayd رحمه الله
1) Implementing it.
2) Hatred for being praised, complemented, or displaying haughtiness over others.
3) Increasing your modesty with the increase of knowledge.
4) Fleeing from the love of leadership, fame, and worldly pleasures.
5) Abandoning the claim to have knowledge.
6) Having bad suspicions about oneself, and good suspicion about other people, so as to steer clear from disparaging them.
‘Abdullaah Ibn Mubaarak رحمه الله used to say, in poetry if the manners of the Salaf were mentioned:
“Do not compare us to them
for the sound person who walks
Is not the same as the crippled one. “
[The Etiquette of Seeking Knowledge – Sheikh Bakr Aboo Zayd رحمه الله – page 79]
Posted on December 16, 2014, in Articles, Talib Al Ilm (Student of Knowledge) and tagged Abdullaah Ibn Mubaarak, Sheikh Bakr Aboo Zayd, Signs of Beneficial knowledge. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.